Google Search Algorithm – May the 4th
Google search algorithm update has been introduced in May 2020. Find out what Google is looking for and what gets priority.
Ask yourself this questions when writing or reviewing your web content:
- Does the content provide original information, reporting, research or analysis?
- Does the content provide a substantial, complete or comprehensive description of the topic?
- Does the content provide insightful analysis or interesting information that is beyond obvious?
- If the content draws on other sources, does it avoid simply copying or rewriting those sources and instead provide substantial additional value and originality?
- Does the headline and/or page title provide a descriptive, helpful summary of the content?
- Does the headline and/or page title avoid being exaggerating or shocking in nature?
- Is this the sort of page you’d want to bookmark, share with a friend, or recommend?
We hope the guidance offered here is helpful. You’ll also find plenty of advice about good content with the resources available from Google Webmasters.