Petrwrap/Petya cyberattack is the latest in a series of powerful ransomware which deny access to a computer system.
Petya or Petrwrap is affecting Windows computers and computer systems across the world.
- open attachments in unsolicited e-mails, even if they come from people in your contact list,
- never click on a URL contained in an unsolicited e-mail, even if the link seems genuine.
In order to prevent infection:
- apply patches to Windows systems https://technet.microsoft.com/library/security/MS17-010
- perform regular backups of all critical information,
- block the attachments of file types: exe|pif|tmp|url|vb|vbe|scr|reg|cer|pst|cmd|com|bat|dll|dat|hlp|hta|js|wsf
- disable macros in Microsoft Office products.
- restrict users’ abilities (permissions) to install and run unwanted software applications.